20 March 2006

Smoking

Smoking is bad for health. Everybody knows that, but why are there still so many people smoking? Smoking may seems like destroying you physically, but it really helps to release some stress (only smokers will understand). If only mental destruction can be determined like physical destruction, quitting smoking will be a real mental damage for smokers. I once tried to quit smoking immediately, but feel like was under depression everyday, I guess I should slow down the process. I think by eating too much unhealthy food, it may kill you as fast as what smoking does.

No matter what, I believe that mind over body. A happy and healthy mind will have a happy and healthy body. If smoking can make you mentally happy, why not? Probably another dark side of me.


Share your thoughts, especially non-smoker out there. ;P

'Dream like you are going to live forever, and live like you are going to die today.'

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Smoking really "destroy you physically" NOT "may seem" - it's a truth NOT a conceived perception.

2. To smokers, smokings helps to release some stress - I can understand that even though im a non-smoker. BUT how it works is such that it allows you to escape reality temporarily - doesn't you help you think better to resolve the things that causes you stress, you still have to face your them after puffing.

3. Going cold turkey i.e quit smoking immediately may not be the best/most effective method for everyone but it definitely worked for some - i can testify to that. It will be great if you can find the most effective method for yourself as long as you quit eventually.

4. Since you believe in mind over body, as long as you set your mind to quitting, you will be able to succeed in quitting, rite?

5. i'm ashamed to say i tried smoking for the first time in my entire life this yr - was abit tipsy and wanted to see what is it that pple like to smoke! din like it cos i get a horrible headache almost immediately!

fi

Anonymous said...

Smoking no good lah, fucking is good! Muahahaha!
Luckily I'm not a smoker, but unluckily i'm a drinker! -_-'''
Keep it up bro!

我的黑色世界无尽头 said...

Reply for anonymous:
1. Smoking destroying your body base on whose theory? The doctor? 1 stick will reduce 3 mins of your life? So are you able to measure your life?

2. My stress is to have new ideas, smoking sometimes give me ideas to solve my problem. It's still subjective.

3. I think I am not quiting now, cos' I still enjoying. :P

4. You are right but my mind is not yet set for quitting.

5. You shouldn't be ashamed that you try smoking, cos' it's ok to try as long as you don't get hooked. I will try everything I want if I have a chance. Btw, you must have smoked the wrong way, that's why you get a headache.. haha :D

我的黑色世界无尽头 said...

Hi bro Is, i'm also a drinker! Can't believe that you drink without smoking, that's really bad.. keep it up too! :P

我的黑色世界无尽头 said...

After 18 years of smoking life, I had decided to quit last july, it's been 10 months till now and still counting... bye, my friend!